For a complete listing of publications click here.
1. Chlosta S, Fishman DS, Harrington L, Johnson EE, Knutson MD, Wessling-Resnick M, Cherayil BJ. The iron efflux protein ferroportin regulates the intracellular growth of Salmonella enterica. Infect. Immun. 2006; 74: 3065-3067.
2. Wang L, Johnson EE, Shi HN, Walker WA, Wessling-Resnick M, Cherayil BJ. Attenuated inflammatory responses in hemochromatosis reveal a role for iron in the regulation of macrophage cytokine translation. J. Immunol. 2008; 181: 2723-2731.
3. Wang L, Harrington L, Trebicka E, Shi HN, Kagan JC, Hong CC, Lin HY, Babitt JL, Cherayil BJ. Selective modulation of TLR4-activated inflammatory responses by altered iron homeostasis. J. Clin. Invest. 2009; 119: 3322-3328.
4. Wang L, Trebicka E, Fu Y, Waggoner L, Akira S, Fitzgerald KA, Kagan JC, Cherayil BJ. Regulation of lipopolysaccharide-induced translation of tumor necrosis factor α by the Toll-like receptor 4 adaptor protein TRAM. J. Innate Immun. 2011; 3: 437-446.
5. Shanmugam NKN, Ellenbogen S, Trebicka E, Wang L, Mukhopadhyay S, Gallini CA, Garrett WS, Lacy-Hulbert A, Cherayil BJ. TNFα inhibits expression of the iron regulating hormone hepcidin in murine models of innate colitis. PLoS One 2012; 7: e38136.
6. Trebicka E, Jacob S, Pirzai W, Hurley BP, Cherayil BJ. Role of anti-lipopolysaccharide antibodies in serum bactericidal activity against Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in healthy adults and children in the United States. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013. In press.